Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Denzel Washington.
In the world of celebrity men, the same names are mentioned over and over again as ideals of masculine good looks. But what about the famous men who are rarely mentioned? Are they any competition for the reigning Most Gorgeous Men?
Yes, and more.
Here are my choices for the most underrated gorgeous celebrity men, for the 2011 year. As always, feel free to make suggestions.
1. Noah Mills is an American model. He is best known for his work with Dolce & Gabbana, Yves Saint Laurent, and Versace.
If you didn’t know him before, now you know.
2. Alex Pettyfer is an English actor and model. He appeared in the 2011 film Beastly, a modern spin on the classic Beauty and the Beast. He has modeled for the Gap and Burberry.
Photos say it all.
3. Adam Scott is an Australian professional golfer. He won the PGA Tour Championship in 2006 and tied for second place at the Master’s Tournament in 2011.
Adam won About.com’s 2011 Reader’s Choice Awards for Sexiest Male Golfer. But it’s golf — how many people know about individual golfers? He is underrated by default.
4. Matthew Gray Gubler is an American actor, former model, and sketch artist. He plays the genius and geek Dr. Spencer Reid on the TV show Criminals Minds. He is also a director — he directed and produced the Killers’ music video for “Don’t Shoot Me Santa”.
Matthew isn’t as underrated as others on this list — people are beginning to notice his particular brand of geek chic.
5. Tyson Ritter is an American musician and lead singer of the rock band The All-American Rejects, known for such songs as “Gives You Hell” and “Move Along”.
Tyson’s style is pretty unconventional to say the least, but underneath that he has classic good looks.
6. Rajon Rondo is an American professional basketball player, playing for the Boston Celtics. He was essential to the Celtics’ winning the 2008 NBA Championship.
Rajon Rondo exemplifies handsome, down-to-earth, and passionate.
7. Luke Bryan is an American country singer, known for his singles “All My Friends Say” and “Someone Else Calling You Baby”.
The smile, the smile. How could you resist?
8. Chad Connell is a Canadian actor and should-be model. He has appeared in TV shows such as Degrassi.
If Chad moved from the small screen to the big screen, he might be better recognized.
9. Alexander Popov is a Russian swimmer and Olympic Gold medalist. He’s set world records in freestyle swimming.
So underrated there are hardly any photos of him outside of the pool.
10. Takeshi Kaneshiro is a Taiwanese actor, model, and singer. He was Armani underwear’s first Asian spokesmodel.
Takeshi is not as underrated in many Asian countries.
Honorable Mention (in alphabetical order by first name): Austin Daye, Brandon Beemer, Jensen Ackles, John Isner, Lee Pace, Omri Casspi, Shaka Smart