I had another post planned for today, but I was compelled to write this one instead. From internet to TV, I’ve found there are some celebrities I’m always hearing about. They don’t have to be doing anything significant at the moment, just be where they can be seen, and immediately the media picks up on it.
Well, I’m getting just a bit tired of these overexposed and often overhyped “stars” and I’m probably not the only one. If you’re a big fan of any of them, I apologize in advance. Just consider this my rant of the month.
7. Brad Pitt – Brad makes this list mainly because we haven’t had a break from him in over a decade. Even when he’s not doing anything substantial in the acting world, I’m hard pressed not to come across news about him and his similarly overexposed lovers, Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Aniston.
At this point, he is simply living on being “Brad Pitt”.
6. Bradley Cooper – The tale of another Brad.
Something about the name Brad must cause mass female hysteria because Bradley Cooper has joined the ranks of the previously mentioned Brad as celebrity dream crush and now we have to hear his name in very discussion about male celebrities. In 2011 he was crowned both “International Man of the Year” by GQ magazine and “Sexiest Man Alive” by People magazine, and the rest was history.
5. Sofia Vergara – Why do I even know who she is?
Actually, I don’t really. I don’t know of anything she’s done, but I’ve read she is an actress. I do recall she’s been in a couple of commercials, including the funny Pepsi commercial co-starring David Beckham. But I’ve heard more (too much more) about her supposed sex appeal and “it” factor, and I just don’t get it.
4. Megan Fox – When I think Megan Fox, I think mediocre acting and a highly made-up face which at this point only remotely resembles her old self. Why is she still relevant? Oh right, men. I’m calling it early: she is a plastic surgery horror story waiting to happen.
3. Lebron James – Okay, I get it. Lebron is a decent basketball player, better than decent. He has size, power. But is he really essentially the only player that deserves recognition? Does he deserve the awe and admiration he garners by merely walking on to the court? If Lebron James played in a game, everyone focuses on his performance even when there were others who played better.
You know you’re overexposed when even your fans get tired of hearing about you.
2. Kim Kardashian – In 2010 I wondered when Kim Kardashian’s 20 minutes of fame would be up. And in 2012 I’m still wondering.
Unlike most others on this list Kim doesn’t have any real talent or career, which makes the intense focus on the goings-on of her life even more unwarranted. Unless of course you consider the ability to be rich and famous while doing nothing to be a talent (and judging by Kim’s longevity, it might be).
One commenter put it best: “When? When will be rid of her?”
1. Beyonce – Beyonce is a truly intriguing character. Few other stars are so hated, yet so loved at the same time. Beyonce started her career well enough and was liked. But she soon overstayed her welcome with constant media appearances and a clear self-involvement.
Beyonce’s personal life tends to be controversial because it’s shrouded in purposeful mystery and many say, myths. Now she’s sparked more irritation with her claims to have given birth and shed the leftover baby weight of 60 pounds (27 kgs) in four months. Did Beyonce really lose 60 pounds, you ask? Yes, of course. People do all sorts of amazing things in their dreams.